Tuesday, February 25, 2014
10 Simple Tips To Lose Weigh In One Month
Posted by Green Yatra at 12:17 PM
Obesity is a problem that affects a large number of people these days. In fact, most of them indulge in dieting even to the point of starvation and end up depriving their bodies of vital nutrients. To say the least, weight loss cannot be achieved overnight. It is a gradual process that requires effort and dedication on your part. Most of us have this misconception that by dieting rigorously, we can achieve weight loss. But the fact is, weight loss depends upon a healthy lifestyle that incorporates a balanced diet and regular exercise. It is the combination of these two factors that helps you to achieve your ideal weight. The tips given below do not promise drastic weight loss but will definitely help you to lose around 10 pounds within a month.
1. Set Realistic Goals:Before starting your weight loss regime, it is important to understand that 1 month is too short a time to achieve a dramatic weight loss. So, set realistic goals such as losing 2 to 3 pounds per week. There are numerous fad diets and crash diets that can cause rapid weight loss within a short span of time. But they are often accompanied by several health risks. Moreover, most of the weight lost is water weight and you end up gaining weight rather than losing it after stopping with the diet plan. So, it is advisable to go for a healthy weight loss regime. Initially, you might lose more weight but by the middle of the month, your weight loss is most likely to slow down. At the most, you can expect to lose about 10 pounds in a month.
Dietary Changes:Image: Shutterstock
2. Cut Down on your Calories:Your weight is directly associated with your intake of calories. Caloric intake of 3500 calories makes up one pound of fat. So, in order to lose one pound, you need to consume 3500 less calories which is rather impossible. One way to achieve weight loss is to cut at least 500 calories from your daily diet. By doing this daily for 7 days, you can lose one pound in a week. There are several ways of cutting down on calories. You can eat smaller portions on your plate and replace high calorie foods like sweets and fries with fresh fruits, vegetables and salads. Incorporate a diet rich in whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins to naturally cut down on calories. Avoid sugary drinks and sodas to further trim your caloric intake. However, do not go below 1200 calories in a day as this will cause a drastic drop in your energy as well as nutritional deficiencies.
3. Stay Away from “White” Carbs:As far as possible, avoid consuming carbs that are white except after a work-out as they can cause weight gain. Such foods include rice, bread, cereal, potatoes, pasta and fried food.
4. Eat Healthy Foods:Incorporate a balanced diet that provides your body with all the vital nutrients. The foods given below are suitable to form the part of a healthy lifestyle: Leafy green vegetables like spinach, broccoli, lettuce, cabbage etc. High fiber fruits like apples, bananas, pears and oranges Low fat dairy products and milk substitutes like soy milk or rice milk Complex carbs like brown rice, whole grain flour etc; you can also eat various types of grains like chia seeds, quinoa, buckwheat and hemp. Consume multigrain bread and wheat pasta instead of white ones. Lean proteins like 95% lean red meat or skinless poultry, nuts, tofu, soy and egg whites
5. Avoid Unhealthy and Processed Foods:You can indulge once in a while but if you want to lose a significant amount of weight in a month, it is advisable to stay away from the following unhealthy food items given below:
- Potato chips
- White pasta, rice and bread
- Foods having processed sugar or high fructose corn syrup
- Energy drinks and creamy or sugary coffee
- Processed foods