Monday, March 17, 2014

Creamy Carrot, Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup

1922181_655481741174564_739809224_nStep aside, French onion soup and au revoir, buttery bisque! This creamy soup with lentil topping is a great meal during this season of transition from colder to warmer weather or, depending on where you are, from warmer to colder weather. The soup is a great way to detox since it’s easy to digest and packed with nutrients, especially beta-carotene, that will have your skin glowing. The lentil-walnut topping lightens the dish and adds protein and fiber to turn it into a hearty meal. Lentils are packed with folic acid and protein and the walnuts add an omega-3 boost, making this a great energy-boosting meal, but also comfort food thanks to the sweet potato and creaminess of the soup. It’s half-salad, half-soup and all delicious. This is an easy make-ahead meal to serve to a crowd or keep leftovers for yourself and enjoy the next day. Bon appétit! Creamy Carrot-Sweet Potato Lentil Soup Serves 2 Soup Ingredients
  • 2 large carrots
  • 1 sweet potato (around 1 cup, diced)
  • Salt/pepper to taste
  • 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil
  • 1 red onion
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 leek
  • A piece of fresh ginger, to taste
Optional
  • a pinch of cinnamon
  • ½ cup of coconut milk or almond milk
  • 1 cup of water (or more, depending on the size of your sauce pan — enough to cover the vegetables.)
Lentil topping ingredients
  • ½ cup of French / “Du Puy” /green lentils, cooked
  • 1 tsp. of Dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp. of lemon juice
  • 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (or ½ Tbsp of olive oil and ½ Tbsp of walnut oil)
  • 1 tsp. of maple syrup
  • A pinch of each of (or as many as you have or like of) the following spices: coriander, cinnamon, cayenne, cumin, turmeric, black pepper, sea salt, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom)
Optional (for an even creamier texture)
  • 2 tsp. of tahini
Final touches
  • 2 Tbsp. of walnuts, toasted
Optional garnish (if you’re fancy)
  • a few sprigs of herbs such as parsley or cilantro
  • handful of arugula or spicy mustard greens and
  • drizzle of walnut oil
Directions for soup Add onion, garlic, ginger and leeks to a sautée pan on medium heat with coconut oil. Sautée for a few minutes or until the onions are translucent. Peel and chop carrot and sweet potato into 1-inch chunks. Sautée for another few minutes. Add spices. Cover vegetables with water. Lower heat, cover and let simmer until the veggies are soft. Add to a blender (preferably a Vitamix for the creamiest texture imaginable!) or mix with an immersion blender until smooth. Add coconut or almond milk and stir. For the lentil-walnut topping: Whisk all dressing ingredients together. Pour over lentils and mix well. To serve. Warm soup over the stove. (The soup should be thick so it can hold the lentil topping … and fill you up!) Pour into a bowl, top with lentil mixture and toasted walnuts. Add garnish. Bon appétit! Rebecca Leffler’s new book “Green, Glam & Gourmande” is available here. Source:- http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12921/creamy-carrot-sweet-potato-lentil-soup.html

6 comments :

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you actually kill fat by eating coconut fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  3. High quality CBD oils, edibles, rolls, hash, wax, cartridges, weed and marijuana seeds for sale at affordable prices. Our mission is to bring quality marijuana as medicine to everyone who needs it. Discreet and swift delivery to your desired destination, contact us for prices and more inquiries. Call/Text: +1 (469)909-1192
    WhatsApp: +1 (469)909-1192
    Email: medsshopdelivery@gmail.com
    Telegram: @Medsshop
    Wickr: medsshopdeliver

    ReplyDelete
  4. High quality CBD oils, edibles, rolls, hash, wax, cartridges, weed and marijuana seeds for sale at affordable prices. Our mission is to bring quality marijuana as medicine to everyone who needs it. Discreet and swift delivery to your desired destination, contact us for prices and more inquiries. Call/Text: +1 (469)909-1192
    WhatsApp: +1 (469)909-1192
    Email: medsshopdelivery@gmail.com
    Telegram: @Medsshop
    Wickr: medsshopdeliver

    ReplyDelete

  5.  I am overwhelm with joy and happiness and i am happy to share this with you all around the world about how Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured HERPES VIRUS...ever since i was diagnosed of Herpes virus in 2015, I was always thinking on how  I can get a solution out of my body so that i can be okay again. Until One day I went online on the internet to know more about the Herpes Virus i came across a Review Comment many people are saying that Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured their Herpes Genital Virus, I did not believe, i search again and i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from HPV AND HIV by Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME..and i decided to contact Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME to Help and i told him about my HERPES illness he told me not to worry about,that he is going to send me his herbal medicine and actually he did.i took the medicine just as prescribe by him, he told me to go for check up in the hospital which i did and to my great surprise my Doctor told me the Herpes Virus was no longer there, all thank to you sir Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME, contact his WhatsApp Number: +2347030936239 .His email: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. His herbs are very powerful and has no side effects. He can cured all kinds of Viruses, diseases, sicknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete