Saturday, March 15, 2014

DIY: Lavish Your Hair With This Avocado Mask

1238819_515349141886541_1646884760_nI live in Boulder, Colorado, 5,420 feet above sea level. Can you say DRY and BRUTAL for my hair, skin, and nails? I remember the sheen and body I'd see in my hair when I lived on the East coast during spring and summer. Out here, my wannabe luscious locks begin to look like lonely shriveled branches. Years ago, I'd use hot oil treatments in my hair, until I found out how toxic most of them were. Now I've got my own version: I treat my hair with an avocado mask. Avocado oil is so nourishing and hydrating. It does wonders for your skin and is even better for your scalp.To beat the winter dull, here's my recipe What You'll Need
  • 1 avocado
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
  • 5 drops geranium essential oil (said to promote emotional balance, mood elevation, and skin health)
  What To Do 1. Put all the ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth. 2. Using a basting brush or professional color application brush (available at beauty-supply stores or online), paint on your hair, then squeeze to distribute evenly. 3. Leave on for 30 minutes and then shampoo out completely. Your hair will feel thicker, fuller, smooth, and silky. I have just given you my secret weapon against dry and brittle hair … What do you do to hydrate your hair? I'd love to hear from you! Source: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12933/diy-lavish-your-hair-with-this-avocado-mask.html

No comments :

Post a Comment