Monday, March 17, 2014
The Ultimate Anti-Inflammatory Detox
Posted by Green Yatra at 6:09 PMWant a hormone-balancing, brain fog-clearing, tummy-soothing detox with a side effect of weight loss? Yes, me too! I devised this detox because I see patients for food allergies every day. Although food allergies are still rare (affecting about 5% of the population), food intolerances are quite common. And for many allergic and food intolerance issues, I ask patients to go on a food restriction diet ranging from one week to one month. After following this plan, many of them experience weight loss, fewer menopausal or PMS symptoms, a decrease in acid reflux, better energy, better sleep, a clearer complexion, and more. Surprised? I was too. After seeing so many of my patients experiencing these positive side effects, I decided to try it myself. One month later, I concluded that I was going to take out most of these foods for good because I was feeling so fantastic. Try this detox for at least 10 to 14 days and I have a feeling you'll want to continue some portion of it permanently. Why do this before the holidays?
- You don't have to buy any crazy products.
- It's natural.
- It's healthy (and some detoxes are not!).
- It does not require every expensive food intolerance testing.
- Limit sugar and artificial sweeteners
- When you wake up: 1 glass green juice
- Breakfast: Chocolate Cherry (Green) Smoothie: spinach, raw cacao, frozen organic cherries, chia seeds, coconut milk
- Snack: Herbal tea
- Lunch: Large salad with avocado, olive oil, balsamic dressing, and tomato soup
- Dinner: 3 to 5 Black bean burgers (no bun) with guacamole, and salsa. (Optional: sweet potatoes, veggies, and kale chips)
- Dessert: 1 serving of dark chocolate (my favorite is Green and Black's 85% dark)