Monday, March 17, 2014
Why I Don't Recommend A Vegan, Raw, Paleo Or Gluten-Free Diet
Posted by Green Yatra at 4:13 PMI'm a nutritionist and a strong believer in the power of vitamin cures. Every week, I see people significantly improve their health and looks just by eating right, which is why I love my job so much. One of the questions I'm often asked is, "What diet do you recommend?" My answer is usually met with surprise: "If you don't suffer from a specific condition, I do not recommend any specific diet." Don't get me wrong, I'm not telling people to just go and eat whatever they get their hands on. I do have some basic principles:
- Eat as naturally as possible, i.e. avoid processed stuff and go for simple and real food instead.
- Eat as organically as possible and preferably locally grown produce.
- Make sure to eat more raw than cooked food and more plants than animals.
- Change your diet slowly and never force yourself to do something for which you're not yet ready.
- Keep a food diary to find out what makes you feel and look better and what does not.
- Walk 10,000 steps every day.
- Use common sense!