Monday, March 17, 2014

Why So Many 'Healthy' Women Can't Lose Weight

1922181_655481741174564_739809224_nWomen who are "healthy" but still carrying those last 5-10 pounds: this post is for you. These are the top areas women neglect, even when they think they're being healthy. In contrast to the gimmicky, quick-fix methods out there, this post examines the root of your problems.
1. You have an estrogen to progesterone imbalance.
Many women — especially those of child-bearing age — have an estrogen dominance problem. If you exercise daily, it's likely that you're using up your progesterone and estrogen is dominating. Other causes of estrogen dominance include environmental factors such as pesticides, plastics, industrial waste products, car exhaust, meat, soaps, furniture and carpet.
Diet, environmental avoidance of xenoestrogens, and taking supplements can bolster your progesterone and decrease estrogen dominance. There are many books, websites and detailed articles I've found helpful, and I'm happy to share with those who want more information.
2. You're not getting enough vitamin D.
 
Possibly due to our awareness of skin cancer and the use of sunscreen, our levels of vitamin D are lower than they were decades ago. Vitamin D acts like a hormone in our bodies, and deficiency has been linked to allergies, asthma, weight gain, fatigue, food allergies and even cancer. Vitamin D levels can be tested by your healthcare provider, and supplemental vitamin D can be found in various forms.
3. You have high cortisol.
High levels of cortisol (our "stress hormone") is another big reason we tend to keep weight on our abdominal area. I used to wake up very early to do a spin class or intense run, then race home to get ready for work, then deal with my young kids and chores. That increased my cortisol levels and working against my goals of having a lean body.
If you feel like you need to be on a caffeine drip at all times, it means you're having too many highs and lows with cortisol as a big culprit. Cortisol is associated with increased appetite, cravings for sugar, and weight gain. You need to unwind everyday with whatever it is that shuts off your hypervigilence — even if it's for 10 minutes per day.
4. You're eating processed "healthy."
 
Excess sodium, GMOs and sugar are all hidden ingredients which are both inflammatory and causes of excess weight gain. Just because it's at a health food store and it's "gluten free" or "low fat" or "natural," DOES NOT mean it's good for you. It took me a long time to get over this, because packaging with the words "natural" and "healthy" are very enticing.
5. You're eating too much fat.
 
Paleo and other higher-fat diets work for some people, but many women, such as myself, don't do well with them. Our bodies may do well with fat — especially when added to greens — but be careful not to go overboard.
6. You're skimping on quality sleep.
 
This still remains tried and true. Your hormones need it. Your muscles need it for repair, and your brain needs it. The two hormones that are key in the relationship between sleep and weight loss are ghrelin and leptin. Put very simply, leptin tells us when to stop eating and when you're sleep deprived. Ghrelin is the hormone that tells you when to eat, and when you're sleep-deprived, you have more ghrelin.
Often when I am having sleep disturbances or jet lag, I use melatonin and magnesium as supplements to get me on the right track.
7. You're not eating your cruciferous vegetables.
Cruciferous vegetables from the vegetable family Brassicaceae include cabbage, kale, cauliflower, bok choy, broccoli and other similar green vegetables. Not only are they good for you because of the feeling of fullness you get from the fiber, but they're also good for estrogen metabolism through a compound called indole-3-carbinol (I3C). It is a natural source of DIM (3,3-Diindolylmethane) that helps promote estrogen balance. This is the cheapest, easiest way to get your hormones — and your weight — in balance
Source:- http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-10296/why-so-many-healthy-women-cant-lose-weight.html

6 comments :

  1. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  2. High quality CBD oils, edibles, rolls, hash, wax, cartridges, weed and marijuana seeds for sale at affordable prices. Our mission is to bring quality marijuana as medicine to everyone who needs it. Discreet and swift delivery to your desired destination, contact us for prices and more inquiries. Call/Text: +1 (469)909-1192
    WhatsApp: +1 (469)909-1192
    Email: medsshopdelivery@gmail.com
    Telegram: @Medsshop
    Wickr: medsshopdeliver

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not an easy to lose weight. You must do some daily exercise to reduce your weight. This article explained in well way to follow. Some home remedies for impetigo really helpful to treat it naturally.

    ReplyDelete

  4.  I am overwhelm with joy and happiness and i am happy to share this with you all around the world about how Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured HERPES VIRUS...ever since i was diagnosed of Herpes virus in 2015, I was always thinking on how  I can get a solution out of my body so that i can be okay again. Until One day I went online on the internet to know more about the Herpes Virus i came across a Review Comment many people are saying that Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured their Herpes Genital Virus, I did not believe, i search again and i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from HPV AND HIV by Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME..and i decided to contact Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME to Help and i told him about my HERPES illness he told me not to worry about,that he is going to send me his herbal medicine and actually he did.i took the medicine just as prescribe by him, he told me to go for check up in the hospital which i did and to my great surprise my Doctor told me the Herpes Virus was no longer there, all thank to you sir Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME, contact his WhatsApp Number: +2347030936239 .His email: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. His herbs are very powerful and has no side effects. He can cured all kinds of Viruses, diseases, sicknesses.

    ReplyDelete

  5.  I am overwhelm with joy and happiness and i am happy to share this with you all around the world about how Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured HERPES VIRUS...ever since i was diagnosed of Herpes virus in 2015, I was always thinking on how  I can get a solution out of my body so that i can be okay again. Until One day I went online on the internet to know more about the Herpes Virus i came across a Review Comment many people are saying that Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured their Herpes Genital Virus, I did not believe, i search again and i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from HPV AND HIV by Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME..and i decided to contact Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME to Help and i told him about my HERPES illness he told me not to worry about,that he is going to send me his herbal medicine and actually he did.i took the medicine just as prescribe by him, he told me to go for check up in the hospital which i did and to my great surprise my Doctor told me the Herpes Virus was no longer there, all thank to you sir Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME, contact his WhatsApp Number: +2347030936239 .His email: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. His herbs are very powerful and has no side effects. He can cured all kinds of Viruses, diseases, sicknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete