Friday, February 28, 2014
Eat These 5 Fruits To Get Healthy And Glowing Skin
Posted by Green Yatra at 4:33 PMSimple lifestyle changes like incorporating fruits in your daily diet can give you glowing skin. Fruits help with Clear complexion; Skin rejuvenation, Natural hydration; Improvement of Skin texture and making the skin appear youthful and glowing. Fruits are safe with no side effects and are cost-effective at the same time. They are free from toxins and have a host of skin andhealth benefits. Let us look at a few fruits to get fair and glowing skin.
2. Lemons:It has high Vitamin C content and natural bleaching properties making it a good cleanser that lightens blemishes, acne scars, spots and skin tone. Start your day by drinking 1 glass of warm water mixed with a dash of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey on an empty stomach. This fights cellulite and clears your skin from within. A mixture of lemon juice and honey reduces blemishes and acquire glowing skin.
3. Oranges:Oranges are rich source of Vitamin C, thereby improves skin texture. It removes blemishes and naturally slows down the process of ageing. Dry orange peels, crush them into powder form and store this in an airtight container. Use this as a natural scrub once or twice weekly for clear and glowing skin.
4. Apples:Apples have high antioxidant action, preventing cell and tissue damage and works as an anti-ageing agent. It helps minimize wrinkles and fine lines keeping the bowels clean. Apply apple juice mixed with some honey on your face; let it dry and wash off. This is a very good hydrating face mask.
5. Papaya:A rich source of antioxidants and an enzyme called papain, papaya can banish skin impurities and remove dead skin cells when used on the skin. Rub your face gently with the inside of the papaya for about a minute to exfoliate, cleanse and soften your skin.Blend papaya, add 2 tablespoons of either honey or yogurt and use this mixture as a mask. Rinse with lukewarm water after 20 minutes and follow up with a moisturizer to notice the difference. You also can make some fruit packs at home to help your self better with fruits that are good for skin:
a. Mixed Fruit Face Pack for toning the skin:This mix of all fruits requires pulp of all fruits available in the market. One spoon of each fruit pulp should be mixed thoroughly and massaged all over the face and neck.
b. Kiwi Fruit Pack for tan:It includes Kiwi fruit puree and a spoon Yogurt. Mix these two thoroughly and massage it on your facial skin and wash it away after 20 minutes.
c. Strawberry Face Pack for dull and tanned skin:Take some strawberry fruit pulp and mix it well with water. Massage it on the facial skin and wash it after some time.
d. Cucumber Fruit Face Pack for dry skin:This skin cooling down ingredient has to be grated down. Apply its juice on the face and neck and let it dry. Wash it with some clean and cold water. Its remaining pulp can be used as a pack for the eyes once its refrigerated.
e. Papaya Fruit pack for glowing and rejuvenated skin:Mash the fruit into pulp and massage it on the damp skin for nearly 20 minutes. Then was it away with clean water. Other fruits that also help in skin care:
- Honey – Moisturizes and avoids acne
- Lemon juice – Fades the scars and avoid them
- Ground Oats – Best for scrubbing action
- Green tea extract – Rejuvanates skin
- Yogurt – Reduces skin tanning
- Orange water – Works same as the lemon juice
- It is very important to understand that massaging the skin with the pulp before applying any face pack and mild scrubbing action before washing it off will help your skin absorb the fruit properties better, thus increasing blood flow.
- Ensure that your skin is clean before application.
- Make sure to moisturize the skin post wash.
- Use these homemade fruit face masks regularly for an improvement in skin texture and tone.